Transylvania makes it easy for you to stay connected with your classmates, your university records and accounts and the general goings-on on campus. You'll have access to a variety of technology tools and services that will make your college experience more streamlined and efficient. Whether you live on campus, commute or are studying abroad, the IT staff members are here to serve you: from answering technology questions or maintaining lab computers to making it possible for you to register for courses and view your grades online.
Email and Google Apps
Every Transylvania student is given a Google Apps email address. This email address is used for communication between students, faculty and university staff and can be accessed anywhere in the world. Your Transy Google Apps account also has access to Google Drive, Docs, Calendar and Sites, so you can use these free tools for your coursework and any other needs. New students will receive an email from the Director of Student Transitions with login instructions in early June. You can use our Google launch page to get started.
There are nearly 100 computers available in residence halls and academic labs for students to use, along with high speed laser printers for your printing needs. Students who bring personal computers with wired or wireless capabilities may connect to the university network from their residence halls and have free access to network software, email and the Internet. If you are shopping for a new computer for college, we support Windows, Mac and Linux computers; just choose the best computer for your needs and budget.
Acceptable Use Policy and General Information
Software and Hardware Discounts
Students, faculty and staff may purchase a personal copy of Microsoft Office and other Microsoft and Adobe software at discounted price through our campus bookstore site. You can also purchase discounted Dell computers through our Dell volume program site.
- Are you a student and need to change or reset your password? Please use our self-service password reset site.
- Transylvania's mobile app, available for iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android platforms, offers an easy way to view our campus map, event listings, and news. Students can log in to access their grades, class schedule, bill, campus directory and more. To download the application, search for “Ellucian GO” in the app store for your device and select Transylvania from the list of colleges. Use your Transy ID and password to log in.
- TNotes is Transylvania's internal communications site, where you can get all the campus news and announcements. You'll want to check TNotes and the digital signs scattered across campus to stay on top of campus happenings. New TNotes entries are automatically delivered to your transy.edu email address each weekday morning.
- TNet is your portal for personal information about course registrations, transcripts, grades, paying your bill, etc. It can be accessed from any Internet connection, including off campus.
- T-Alerts notify students of emergencies on campus. Critical information is communicated via loudspeakers in residence halls and buildings, via email messages to all transy.edu email addresses, and via text messages to cell phones of registered users. You may sign up to receive T-Alerts on the TNet portal.
- Moodle is a web-based learning management system that makes it easy for professors to provide course syllabi, documents, graded assignments, quizzes, and discussion forums to students. Moodle can be accessed from any Internet connection, including off campus.
- Looking for our internal IT Help Desk website for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and helpful links, or for other campus-only web sites? Use the Outside Transy portal to access those internal sites.