Start preparing now
Thinking about Transy? Here’s a handy checklist to help you.
- Connect with us online and through social media. Join us on campus for our many free events. (Let us know when you’re coming and we’ll save you a seat.) We’d love to welcome you and your family.
- You’re not alone! Talk with your family and school guidance counselors. And talk with us. Meet our admissions counselors at your local college fair.
- Visit Transy on preview days and open houses. Or find a time that works for you and call us at 859-233-8242 or 800-872-6798.
- You may choose to take both the ACT and the SAT. Or not! We created a test-optional policy because we recognize that you’re more than a test score. But if you’d like to take the standardized tests, register by February for the April tests and register by April for the June tests. Have your scores sent to us at Transylvania: ACT code 1550, SAT code 1808.
- Visit campus. Visit campus. Visit campus. (Did we mention you should visit campus?) The fall of your senior year is the prime time to sample college life at Transy. Plan ahead. Take a tour with a student guide. Sit in on classes and talk with professors, students and an admissions representative. Being on campus is the best way to know you belong here. Just call 859-233-8242 to reserve your time.
- Step off campus and explore the friendly and creative city of Lexington. Our location in the heart of downtown gives opportunities for a lifetime.
- Find out how much financial aid is available to you. Most students are happily surprised. Ask your admissions counselor for more information.
- Keep in touch. Attend the events we host in your area. Feel free to ask questions of faculty, admissions staff, students and alumni. We’re a tight-knit, supportive community. We want you to be successful.
- If you’re submitting standardized test scores, it’s time to take the ACT or the SAT. (Register by September for the October or November tests.) If you prefer to go the test-optional route, you’ll need to write a couple of additional essays and schedule an interview. Be sure to read the details here.
- Mark your calendar for Dec. 1 so that you don’t miss the deadline for premier scholarship consideration. Transy has many great scholarships.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) in October of your senior year. You’ll find the form here or in your school’s guidance office. Transylvania’s FAFSA code is 001987. We will send your financial aid award typically a few weeks after receiving your FAFSA information.
- Attend our open houses and scholarship interviews.
- We’ll mail your financial aid package about six weeks after you submit your FAFSA.
- Need a final visit to be sure? Spring break is a beautiful time to visit.
- Be sure to let us know you’re coming. May 1 is your deadline to send in your deposit to secure your place and withdraw applications to other schools.