Recommendations before enrollment
Transylvania University strives to create a safe environment in and out of the classroom for students to learn and thrive. Transylvania University currently designates four vaccines for first year students that are required prior to beginning classes or utilizing the health clinic:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) (2 doses)
- Tetanus and Pertussis (Tdap) within the last 10 years
- Meningitis booster shot on or after 16th birthday
- COVID-19 (see our Healthy at Transy guidelines for more information)
Per CDC guidelines, Transylvania University highly recommends all students receive immunizations against:
- Varicella (chicken pox) or proof of immunity
- Hepatitis A & B
- Annual Influenza
- Meningitis B
Immunization records may emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded through our secure portal once an incoming student has a Transy ID.
The majority of students who attended public school in Kentucky are up to date on all immunizations (the most commonly missing vaccine is the meningitis booster after 16). When your records are reviewed, Student Wellbeing will contact you with any missing vaccines.
If you have questions regarding the immunization recommendations, please email email@example.com.