- Must be typed or printed on official letterhead and signed by an evaluator qualified to make the diagnosis (licensed physician, psychologist, psychiatrist or therapist)
- Must clearly state diagnosis with DSM code or chronic health condition
- Must be current – i.e. completed within the last year for psychiatric disabilities, physical disabilities and chronic health conditions; or within the last five years for learning disabilities, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder and intellectual disabilities. Documentation of traumatic brain injury must have been completed within the past one to three years, depending on the date of the injury.
- Must include educational, developmental or medical history relevant to the disability for which accommodations are being requested
- For learning differences, must include a list of all test instruments used in the evaluation report and relevant subtest scores used to document stated disability
- Must describe the specific accommodation(s) requested
- Must adequately support each requested accommodation
IEPs, ILPs, 504s, etc. are considered to be supplemental materials and will not be substituted for full evaluations. TU documentation requirements comply with the guidelines set forth by ETS.