Transylvania: An Excellent Value
What path will you take?
You’re on a unique journey. At Transylvania you’ll receive the skills you need to pursue bold paths toward personal fulfillment and professional success in any field. The value of the Transy experience goes beyond a degree — it’s a lifelong relationship that continues to pay off long after graduation. And we do it all at an affordable cost.
This is an education built on making connections — with your professors, your classmates, your research, your interests. Our faculty are here to get to know you and encourage your passions, so that what you learn in the classroom and on campus will prepare you for that graduate program or that career where you’ll thrive.
In addition to world-class academic opportunities, you’ll get one-on-one advising and mentorship, whether it’s preparing for entrance exams, research presentations or job interviews. And when that time comes, you’ll have a close-knit network you can rely on to be your biggest supporters — for life.
Your journey will come with countless twists and turns, and we’re here to help you the whole way.
So why choose Transylvania?
Expert faculty who work with you
Our professors get to know you personally, helping you find opportunities that will allow you to reach your academic and career goals. No teaching assistants here — just expert faculty who take your learning seriously. They’ll include you in research, help you find jobs and internships and work with you on an academic plan that meets your needs. They’ll even help you design your own major.
Be a leader in the perfect college city
Our campus in downtown Lexington, Kentucky — one of the best colleges cities in America — is small enough for you to stand out, but with all the amenities of a big city. You have access to modern facilities and comprehensive student services, with clubs and organizations that let you pursue your interests and develop your leadership skills. Make your mark on your campus and community.
Value that lasts a lifetime
Pioneers are innovators, problem solvers, explorers. They know what it takes to navigate a rapidly changing world. These are highly sought-after skills, and it’s why nearly all of our students are in a job or grad school within six months of graduating. You’ll be at your dream school or in the perfect position sooner and better prepared.
Where students get jobs:
- Walt Disney | Principal Project Engineer
- Smithsonian Institution | Chief of Exhibit Planning
- ESPN | Vice President and Talk Show Host
- NASA | Technical Adviser
- Uber | Senior Program Manager of Map Operations
- CBS | Creative Director of Virtual Environments
- Westinghouse Electric | President and CEO
- U.S. Department of Defense | Analyst
- Washington Post | Graphics Reporter
- U.S. Equestrian Federation | Director of Sponsorship Sales
- Lexmark International | Analytical Chemist
- PGA Tour | Senior Director Corporate Communications
- Vantiv | Vice President of Cyber Security
- Shephard Therapeutics | Founder and CEO
- Chief United States District Judge
- Bank of America | Senior Vice President
- Domino’s | VP of Franchise Development and Recruiting
Where students go to graduate school:
- Harvard Law School
- Johns Hopkins University
- Cambridge University
- Duke University
- Vanderbilt University
- Princeton University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Columbia University
- Oxford University
- Brown University
- Penn State University
- New York University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Clemson University
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- University of North Carolina
- University of Chicago
An affordable cost
Transylvania works hard to make sure that families from all walks of life can afford to take advantage of this experience. It’s why we launched Pioneer Plus to help students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and why we’re consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education. That value includes generous scholarship and financial aid offers, as well as ensuring that you’ll graduate in four years and start your career sooner. Our Pioneer Pledge makes sure of it. You’ll get:
- Guaranteed graduation in four years.
- A level tuition program that locks in your rate for four years.
- A 12-month payment plan.