Services Offered to Transylvania Students
- On-Campus Counseling
- Referral to community resources and off-campus counseling services
- Crisis Services: Please contact the Department of Public Safety at x8118 or call 911. You may also go to the ER at Good Samaritan Hospital or the University of Kentucky Medical Center.
Here are some other resources available to students:
- 24-hour Mental Health Crisis Line for Lexington, KY: 1-800-928-8000 (operated by Comprehensive Care)
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center: 253-2615 (Crisis Line is 253-2511 OR 1-800-656-4673
- Good Samaritan Hospital Emergency Services for Behavioral Health: 226-7063
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Addiction Treatment Locator: http://www.drugrehablocator.com/
- Mental Illness Fact Sheets
On-Campus Counseling is located in the back suite of the Campus Center
To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call the Counseling Center at (859) 281-3682.
*Appointments may be scheduled Mondays through Fridays. Scheduling an appointment ahead of time ensures that the counselor is available to see you and not with another student when you arrive.
Counseling Center Staff:
Kathy Susman, M.A.,
Autonomously Certified Psychologist, coordinator of counseling services