Federal Student Aid

The first step to getting a financial aid package from Transylvania University is to apply for admission. The second step is to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after Oct. 1 of your senior year. That's how we figure out your eligibility for financial aid options like grants, loans and work-study.


File the FAFSA


Here's what you'll need:

  • An FSA ID (Don't have an ID? Create one here.)
  • Identification documents (driver's license, social security card, permanent residence card, etc.) for you and your parents
  • Financial documents (W-2s, tax documents)
  • Transylvania's School ID: 001987

Need help? The U.S. Department of Education has compiled lots of resources for you to learn all about the FAFSA and the financial aid process. 

Get in touch

Phone: 859-233-8239 or 800-872-6798
Fax: 859-281-3650

Old Morrison, 1st Floor
Hours M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.

300 North Broadway
Lexington, Kentucky