Donations made today — the last day of Transylvania University’s giving year — will help make dreams become a reality for Pioneers like rising senior Trize Gipson.
The first-generation student from Houston expressed her gratitude for those who’ve already given financial support. “Receiving a full-ride scholarship from Transylvania University changed my entire college experience — from worrying about financial problems to experiencing the achievement of a lifetime goal of graduating from an amazing university,” she said. “With Transy behind me, I’m ready to conquer the world.”
From funding scholarships to bringing in guest speakers, Transylvania puts every gift to good use. Examples of how today’s contribution might enhance student experiences in the upcoming academic year include:
- $50 could buy an academic book to support research.
- Two gifts of $250 could bring in a guest artist to make a presentation in Morlan Gallery.
- $100 to Special Collections can help digitize research materials.
- Five gifts of $100 could register Writing Center tutors for the Southern States Communication Association annual convention.
- $75 could buy LSAT prep booklets used by those applying to law school.
- Three $500 gifts could fund travel for our award-winning speech and debate team to attend a tournament.
Also, the financial, programmatic and academic investments in Transylvania students are considered in national college rankings. But more importantly, resources provided to students ensure they are socially, academically and professionally prepared for life after graduation.