Transylvania University students are learning tax accounting skills while serving others.
The school’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, which has been offered for more than three decades, provides free tax prep and e-filling for members of the local community who make $58,000 a year or less. The students are available today and the next two Wednesdays from 3-5:30 p.m. in the Cowgill Center for Business, Economics and Education. Schedule C preparation is not part of this program.
- A photo ID for yourself and your spouse if filing jointly.
- Social Security cards for yourself and all others on your return.
- Routing and account number for accounts to be used for direct deposit of your refund if you choose to do so.
- All W-2 forms from your employers.
- All 1098 or 1099 forms.
- Letter 6475 regarding your stimulus payment (if applicable).
- Letter 6419 regarding your advance child tax credits (if applicable).
- 2019 tax returns.
- Any other related tax returns.
- A completed intake form (we recommend you fill this out before you arrive).
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.