We have been extremely encouraged by the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Kentucky, in Lexington and especially on Transylvania’s campus, where many of our faculty, staff and students have already received one or both doses of the vaccination. The end of this pandemic is within sight, and we look forward to the days ahead when we can return to business as usual in our classrooms and our residence spaces.
Where can I get the COVID-19 vaccine?
Transylvania is partnering with Baptist Health to provide students, faculty and staff with access to COVID‑19 vaccine appointments. To schedule one, please go to www.ScheduleYourVaccine.com. The Baptist Health vaccine clinic is in Lexington Green off Nicholasville Road. If you are unable to secure an appointment at that link, please contact Robin Prichard at email@example.com.
Vaccines are also available to individuals over the age of 16 at the following locations:
- UK HealthCare (Kroger Field, park in Blue Lot, follow directional signage): Request to be vaccinated. This location operates 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Tuesdays through Fridays and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Saturdays. After you’ve requested a vaccination, an invitation will be sent to the email address you provide — look for an email from UK HEALTHCARE VACCINATIONS. For more information, visit ukvaccine.org.
- Kentucky Regional Vaccination Center (Kentucky Horse Park, 4089 Iron Works Parkway — vaccines administered inside Alltech Arena on main pedestrian level, follow directional signage): Vaccinations will take place 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Thursdays through Saturdays — appointments are required. Sign-up here for an appointment, or call 866-211-5320. The vaccination location is operated by Kroger in partnership with the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department: The agency is providing vaccinations for those 18 and older who live or work in Fayette County. Vaccinations are available through appointment-only vaccination clinics as available. Dates and times of those clinics will be announced by the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department. To learn more, go to www.lfchd.org/vaccine.
- Walgreens Pharmacies (16 locations): Appointments are required to be vaccinated. Visit here to see if you’re eligible and to schedule your appointment at available locations. Individuals will need to set up a Walgreens account to sign up.
- Kroger Pharmacies and Little Clinics (16 locations): They are now scheduling appointments at various locations. To schedule an appointment, visit here.