Support our student-athletes by ensuring their success in the years to come
This year, Transylvania University joins colleges nationwide in celebrating the 50th anniversary of Title IX, the federal civil rights law that ensures equal opportunity in educational institutions, regardless of gender. Thanks in part to Title IX, Pioneers have had the opportunity to flourish as student-athletes, and recent accomplishments have been especially remarkable, such as:
- Our women’s basketball team won Transylvania’s first ever NCAA Division III championship title on April 1.
- Our dance team earned its highest ever finish at the National Dance Alliance competition on April 7 — top three in the pom competition.
- Our women’s softball team is currently ranked No. 16 in the nation.
- The women’s volleyball team made history with an Elite Eight appearance in the fall, the program’s highest finish.
- Transylvania was named the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Women’s All-Sports Champion following the 2021-22 campaign, our fourth overall women’s title.
- And countless other triumphs, from individual record breaking to team accomplishments to academic achievements to conference-busting wins.
Many have asked how they can support our women’s teams in this historic year. We encourage you to lend your support and send your congratulatory and encouraging messages to our hard-working student-athletes and coaches.
With your assistance, we can continue to provide our women with programming that supports them, builds confidence and character, and allows them to excel both academically and athletically.
Please make your gift by May 14, 2023, so we can present the results and messages to the teams in time for the annual RAFYs all-sport awards ceremony. Go Pioneers!