The 2022-23 academic year was remarkable for Transylvania University, as the school:
- Welcomed the 300-strong Class of 2026 to campus.
- Benefited from a major restructuring of the Bingham Fund to support teaching excellence at Transylvania, including $25 million to be distributed over the next 15 years.
- Celebrated a national championship win by its Division III women’s basketball team.
- Established a new pre-law society for outstanding students interested in careers in the law and public service.
- Welcomed the sitting United States poet laureate to campus for the second year in a row.
It all culminated this May, when 191 students graduated to begin a new chapter in their lives. University donors play an important role in the journey of these graduates and the ongoing experience of our current students. Each gift enhances the Transylvania experience for every student — providing scholarships, innovative programming, library resources, expert faculty and so much more.
As the chair of the Board of Trustees, Norwood “Buddy” Cowgill Jr. ’65, observed, “As both a trustee and a grandparent of recent and incoming students, I can assure every donor to Transylvania that our collective gifts are helping the university transform the lives of deserving students.”
Your gift, made on or before the end of the fiscal year on Friday, June 30, will make a difference to Transylvania students — igniting their imaginations, inspiring their curiosity and ensuring their future.
Shawn Lyons, vice president for advancement, notes that “philanthropic support from alumni, parents and friends of the university impacts everything we do here, but especially our ability to make a Transylvania education affordable for deserving students who otherwise would find it beyond their grasp.”
Know that making a gift by June 30 will enable today’s Pioneers to become tomorrow’s innovators, trendsetters and leaders. There are several ways to make your gift in support of Transylvania students and the university, including:
- Pay online with a credit card, Venmo or Apple Pay by visiting transy.edu/giving.
- Make a check payable to Transylvania University, and mail it to the Office of Alumni and Development, Transylvania University, 300 N. Broadway, Lexington, KY 40508. Envelopes must be postmarked by Friday, June 30, to count toward this year’s totals.
- Drop off gifts in person at the alumni and development office at 415 N. Broadway in Lexington until 5 p.m. Friday, June 30. Feel free to park in the circle drive in front of our office for ease of access.
- Donate stocks to the university account by Friday, June 30. Please work with your broker prior to then to ensure the funds are transferred before the close of our fiscal year. And be sure to email the type and number of shares to email@example.com, so we may promptly credit you with the gift.
Legal Name: Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky
Federal Employer Identification Number: 61-0444825
DTC #: 0164 code 40
Account #: 4364-1856
Broker: Charles Schwab, Steve Whitcomb, Lexington, 859-788-5201
Contact the alumni and development office directly with any questions at 800-4-Transy (800-487-2679) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your support makes a difference, helping Transylvania achieve a strong finish to the giving year.