Recent graduate Austin Price to study international development at the University of Pittsburgh

Austin PriceLEXINGTON, Ky.—Austin Price completed a double major in French and anthropology, along with a minor in business administration, in May, and will enter the master’s degree program in the Graduate School for Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh this fall.

Price, from Marietta, Ohio, will focus on international development at Pittsburgh, with a minor in human security and a regional concentration in Francophone Africa. He’s spending this summer completing an internship through the Sister Cities Commission, working at a non-government agency in France dealing with immigrant issues.

His long-range goal is to work in international development in one of the sub-Saharan African nations, an interest that was sparked by working with Congolese refugees in Lexington though the Kentucky Refugee Ministries.

“I look on international development as a means of achieving a global stewardship,” Price said. “Through my French studies, I’ve acquired a special interest in Francophone populations in Africa. The good thing about my degree from Pittsburgh is that it will allow me to work for NGOs, for the government, or in private consulting.”