Transfer Students

Applying for Need-based Aid

Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to qualify for financial aid. Transfer students must follow the same procedures as other students when applying for scholarships and/or financial aid.

To apply for all forms of need-based aid, you need only fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is required for students seeking any federal or state aid (including loans, grants, and work-study). You may complete the FAFSA  online at the Federal Student Aid website. Paper copies of the form may be acquired either from your high school guidance counselor or from our financial aid office.

Here’s what you’ll need:

  • An FSA ID (Don’t have an ID? Create a Federal Student Aid account.)
  • Identification documents (driver’s license, social security card, permanent residence card, etc.) for you and your parents
  • Financial documents (W-2s, tax documents)
  • Transylvania’s School ID: 001987

Phone: 859‑233‑8239 or 800‑872‑6798
Fax: 859‑281‑3650

Old Morrison, 1st Floor
Hours M‑F, 8:30 a.m.‑5 p.m.

300 North Broadway
Lexington, Kentucky