The Transylvania Fund, our annual giving program, supports scholarships for outstanding students who could not otherwise afford to come to Transy and provides for the greatest needs of Pioneers, all while bolstering the university’s national reputation.
Aissata Sackho ’21 lived in Senegal from the age of three until middle school. The first in her family to attend college, she surpassed many cultural expectations in her pursuit of something larger than herself. After a summer of research funded by the Kenan Fund for Faculty and Student Enrichment, Sackho now dreams of helping every child receive a quality education. She knows the challenges, but sees all that’s ready to be accomplished.
In our world, we need education to bring light into darkness.
Aissata Sackho ‘21
With your help
- Your support keeps Transy’s national rankings high and tuition and fees below the national average.
- The Transylvania Fund keeps our doors open to all top level applicants, despite their economic backgrounds. Almost 100% of students require financial assistance to bring their dreams of a Transy degree to fruition and 18% are from households with annual resources below $40,000.
- We’ve risen 15 spots to 72nd on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges, top liberal arts schools in the last two years. Your investment safeguards Transy’s educational excellence, supporting the quality of our faculty and enhancing student programming.
- Transy develops Pioneers who serve and make a difference in the world.
- Our No. 1 priority at Transy is our students. Each year, as specific needs emerge, the Transy Fund steps in to ensure Pioneer success.
I am thankful for those who are able to donate and help students afford the quality education that Transylvania has to offer.
Drew Dodds ’21
You fulfill dreams that improve the world with your gift to the Transylvania fund