Transy student-athletes participate in NCAA diversity and inclusion outreach

NCAA Diversity and Inclusion

Beginning Oct. 1 through Oct. 5, Transylvania’s student-athletes and coaches are lending their voices to the NCAA’s diversity and inclusion outreach efforts. The national effort includes not only student-athletes from a wide variety of sports, but also all divisions and NCAA member institutions.

The kickoff highlights that collegiate student-athletes are more than just that title. Transy students shared what makes them unique.

“Being an athlete has opened up many doors for me and helped me be better equipped in dealing with the many aspects of life,” said junior psychology major and volleyball player Hadley Trenaman. “Transy has provided me with an environment to excel academically, as well as socially. I am much more than a student athlete. I am a volunteer. I am a friend. I am a coach. I am a leader. I am intentional with my actions, and driven. I am grateful for having had the chance to be a student athlete, but this alone does not define me.” 

Join the discussion online using #NCAAInclusion and follow @Transy on Twitter or @transylvaniauniversity on Instagram to meet our participating athletes.