The start of fall term will be unlike any we’ve ever experienced. Being a member of the Transylvania family means that we are all part of a community and must be willing to take steps to stay well and to purposefully protect each other, both on and off campus. By doing so, we help to ensure that students, faculty and staff can have the best and most productive learning and living environment.
Transy Together is a social contract between the university and those returning to campus.
All students returning to campus are required to agree to and sign the Transy Together social contract. All employees and visitors are expected to abide by these protective measures as well.
Transy Together Social Contract
As a Pioneer, I commit to take responsibility for my own health and to help keep the Transylvania community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
By returning to campus, I agree to:
- Participate in a COVID-19 rapid test, as provided by the university, upon arrival to campus in the fall.
- Limit my contacts by remaining in my residence hall room pending test results. (Meals will be available as grab-and-go from the dining hall during that time.)
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 by using the Transylvania app Health Pass daily screening, and follow the prompts for seeking medical attention if necessary.
- Wash my hands with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Give strong and thoughtful consideration to getting vaccinated for the flu in the fall, even if that is something I have not done in the past.
- Educate myself on how COVID-19 is transmitted and its potential health consequences.
- Be aware of expectations and policies on campus and in Lexington, and regularly check for updates
Protect Others (These actions protect me and others around me.)
- Wear appropriate facial coverings or protective gear as directed by the university.
- Maintain six feet of distance both indoors and outdoors.
- Stay home if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Avoid bias-based discrimination toward people from different ethnic backgrounds or anyone perceived to have been in contact with the virus.
- Be positive, sensitive and helpful to anyone who may need support.
- Keep up to date with state and local ordinances.
Protect the Transy Community
- Disinfect my living space and personal items regularly.
- Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions.
- Respect personal space, practice six feet of physical distancing and be mindful of large gatherings.
- Encourage others who feel ill to self-report to health services.
- Ensure that any guests I bring to campus are aware of the pledge and comply with university guidelines.
I acknowledge receiving a copy of the Transy Together social contract.
*Students will be sent and will return this contract electronically.