In accordance with state Healthy At Work guidelines and CDC recommendations, Transylvania will implement the following protocols:
- Personal protective equipment will be used across campus, with face masks required in all common areas, including classrooms.
- Kentucky requires mask use in public. CDC guidelines recommend that wearing a face mask/covering in public helps protect you and those around you.
- Cover your nose and mouth indoors or outdoors any time that you expect to be within six feet or in direct contact with another person.
- Please remember that masks are a protection for both the other person and yourself. The person you have contact with may be struggling with significant health issues that you are not aware of.
- Students, employees and visitors are required to use the Transylvania app Health Pass screening questionnaire to obtain a daily health pass before accessing campus.
- Campus buildings will limit entry and exit areas and implement one-way stairways to assist in housekeeping and physical distancing.
- Most public gathering areas will be closed, or furniture will be limited and distanced.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stands will be available in all facilities.
- Enhanced and expanded cleaning protocols will be implemented on a regular basis.
As we begin to move students back to campus for residence hall occupancy, instruction and activity, we will temporarily suspend campus tours beginning Monday, Aug. 17.
Check back for details on in-person tours later in the semester. Questions? Reach to your admissions counselor — they’ll be happy to help!
Campus & Student Events
Transylvania has determined that events hosted by campus organizations will follow state and CDC guidelines for colleges and universities. As long as the current guidelines are in effect, campus organizations and individuals should not plan any gatherings larger than 10 people. Outdoor events are not excluded.
Events/meetings with 10 or fewer people are allowed to meet in person, but are strongly encouraged to meet virtually and must be accessible to students who cannot be there in person. Campus events (i.e. extracurricular events) should continue to be accessible to all students, prioritizing ADA compliance. Faculty, staff and students attending campus gatherings must follow all other aspects of the Healthy at Transy plan, including wearing a mask, 6 feet of physical distancing and hand washing.
The following gatherings are included in this guideline:
- Student organization meetings and events
- Social gatherings
- Campus events and activities
The following gatherings are not included in the guideline:
- Athletic games, events, and practices
- Classes or class meetings held in person
Bon Appétit Management Company’s corporate office is working on a detailed plan for providing campus dining options. Initial planning includes options for:
- Meals served from a protected serving line into single-use containers.
- Prepackaged fresh food in various pickup locations on campus.
- Takeout meal options at every service.
- Limiting the total number of people inside the dining facilities at any given time to achieve appropriate distancing of diners.
- Reorganization of seating to maximize distancing.
- Possible online ordering.