In accordance with state Healthy At Work guidelines and CDC recommendations, Transylvania will implement the following protocols:
- Personal protective equipment will be used across campus, with face masks required in all common areas, including classrooms.
- Kentucky requires mask use in public. CDC guidelines recommend that wearing a face mask/covering in public helps protect you and those around you.
- Cover your nose and mouth indoors or outdoors any time that you expect to be within six feet or in direct contact with another person.
- Please remember that masks are a protection for both the other person and yourself. The person you have contact with may be struggling with significant health issues that you are not aware of.
- Students, employees and visitors are required to use the Transylvania app Health Pass screening questionnaire to obtain a daily health pass before accessing campus.
- Campus buildings will limit entry and exit areas and implement one-way stairways to assist in housekeeping and physical distancing.
- Most public gathering areas will be closed, or furniture will be limited and distanced.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stands will be available in all facilities.
- Enhanced and expanded cleaning protocols will be implemented on a regular basis.
As we begin to move students back to campus for residence hall occupancy, instruction and activity, we will temporarily suspend campus tours beginning Monday, Aug. 17.
Check back for details on in-person tours later in the semester. Questions? Reach to your admissions counselor — they’ll be happy to help!
Campus Events and Activities
Most regular events, ceremonies and campus activities will be held in a modified format involving virtual participation and/or with a specific pre-approved plan for distancing and cleaning.
Details will be announced on an event-by-event basis.
Bon Appétit Management Company’s corporate office is working on a detailed plan for providing campus dining options. Initial planning includes options for:
- Meals served from a protected serving line into single-use containers.
- Prepackaged fresh food in various pickup locations on campus.
- Takeout meal options at every service.
- Limiting the total number of people inside the dining facilities at any given time to achieve appropriate distancing of diners.
- Reorganization of seating to maximize distancing.
- Possible online ordering.