Healthy at Transy
A Plan for Returning to Campus
Transylvania University’s return to campus prioritizes individual empowerment and community responsibility among our students, faculty and staff, giving each as much choice and flexibility as possible. Under the updated Healthy at Transy plan endorsed by the university’s Reopening Steering Committee, there is a clear understanding that we will all need to remain flexible in the face of changes necessitated by the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Our return to campus includes a carefully considered reopening of our educational and co-curricular programs using the best evidence available to protect the health and safety of all members of the Transylvania community. A key to our success will be remaining adaptive to the evolving environment.
In our planning, we are guided by these principles to:
- Base all decisions on protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Make decisions consistent with our mission as an institution.
- Sustain the quality and accessibility of our academic programs and student support services while remaining nimble and adaptive.
- Base our plans on the benchmarks and guidelines established by the federal and state governments.
- Listen to our constituents.
- Communicate our plans to the Transylvania community and beyond.
Our Healthy at Transy plan will be regularly updated as new information becomes available for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Please use this website as your source for the latest updates from Transylvania, and know that we look forward to this new school year and to bringing our campus community back together again.
Masks on Campus
Unless wearing a mask creates a serious health hazard, all students, employees, contractors and visitors to campus are required to wear a mask on campus.
Cover your nose and mouth indoors or outdoors any time that you expect to be within six feet or in direct contact with another person.
Masks are a protection for others and yourself. Others may have significant health issues that you are not aware of.
Masks are required:
- When in an indoor space with more than one person
- In a vehicle with two or more people
- When you cant maintain six feet of distance outdoors
- In a golf cart with two or more people
Masks are not required:
- When in an enclosed indoor space alone (such as an office) or in your own residence hall room
- When outside and more than six feet apart
- Walking outside on campus alone
Updated: Tuesday, Sept. 1, 12:15 p.m. ET
- Healthy at Transy: Fall break return to campus
As we prepare for the fall module break from Oct. 20-25, we want to thank all of you for working over our first two modules to support our Healthy at Transy plan.
- Healthy at Transy: Fall academic calendar updates
Transylvania is announcing the updates to the Healthy at Transy plan for this semester.
- “Your actions will enable every Pioneer to remain healthy and safe.”
Transylvania President Brien Lewis and Interim Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students Michael Covert sent the following message to students returning to campus for the 2020-21 academic year. Welcome back to Transy — and to our entering first-year students, welcome to the first phase of your college life. We know it is […]
- As fall term begins, Transylvania students get lesson on COVID-19 basics
Along with traditional subjects like English and physics, a little virology is on tap this fall at Transylvania.
- Transy Together social contract helps community members formalize commitment to healthy return to campus
All Pioneers are being called upon to protect their community by reviewing and formally committing themselves to the safety measures outlined in Transy Together.