Healthy at Transy
2021-22 Academic Year Guidelines
Transylvania University’s Healthy at Transy action plan prioritizes individual empowerment and community responsibility among our students, faculty and staff. As we return to campus for the 2021-22 academic year, we are optimistic that we can resume the best possible campus experience for our students, employees and visitors.
Transylvania has returned to a full schedule of activities and events, including athletics, speakers, performing arts and student life programs. These guidelines take into account the continued presence of COVID-19 and include proactive steps, as well as temporary mitigation measures when needed, to ensure the health and safety of our community.
The following Healthy at Transy protocols reflect current federal, state and public health guidelines and may be updated as needed.
Healthy at Transy 2021-22 Highlights (updated March 15):
- Our Healthy at Transy plan will mirror the updated local, state and CDC guidance for Fayette County’s community COVID level. Guidance for individual levels can be found in our full guidelines.
- Beginning on March 15, the following adjustments to the Healthy at Transy guidelines are in place:
- Mask use is encouraged but will be optional in common spaces on campus, such as the Great Hall dining area, residence hall study areas, library, athletic facilities and event spaces.
- Faculty, staff and students have the right to require continued mask use in their personal spaces, which include classrooms, offices and residence hall rooms.
- Transylvania requires all students and employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Students and employees who requested and received an exemption are required to complete ongoing biweekly testing and will be required to quarantine following a known exposure.
- Student-athletes will be required to follow the guidelines set by the NCAA, which currently require either a full vaccination or weekly PCR testing.
- All visitors to Transylvania’s campus are required to follow the same guidelines as students and employees for mask usage on campus. We strongly encourage all campus visitors who are eligible to be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arriving on campus. View the full visitor policy here.
Our Healthy at Transy guidelines continue to be based on advice we receive directly from public health experts, including the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department and the Kentucky Department for Public Health. They are also based on public health guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the medical and public health experience of individual advisors working with Transylvania. The university reserves the right to modify these policies at any time consistent with our mission as an institution.
Transylvania is launching a new campaign called ProtecTU to educate, encourage and incentivize members of the school community to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Transylvania updates Healthy at Transy guidelines
Transylvania adjusted its Healthy at Transy guidelines March 15.
- Transylvania, health department partner for community vaccine clinic
Transylvania University, in partnership with the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, is offering a community vaccine and booster clinic on Feb. 2.
- Transylvania to hold classes online through Jan. 14
As students and employees finish up required return-to-campus COVID testing and we wait for the results, Transylvania will continue holding classes online through the end of this week.