Healthy at Transy
Transylvania’s COVID-19 Action Plan
Transylvania University’s Healthy at Transy action plan prioritizes individual empowerment and community responsibility among our students, faculty and staff, giving each as much choice and flexibility as possible. Under the updated Healthy at Transy plan endorsed by the university’s Reopening Steering Committee, there is a clear understanding that we will all need to remain flexible in the face of changes necessitated by the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Our return to campus includes a carefully considered reopening of our educational and co-curricular programs using the best evidence available to protect the health and safety of all members of the Transylvania community. A key to our success will be remaining adaptive to the evolving environment.
In our planning, we are guided by these principles to:
- Base all decisions on protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Make decisions consistent with our mission as an institution.
- Sustain the quality and accessibility of our academic programs and student support services while remaining nimble and adaptive.
- Base our plans on the benchmarks and guidelines established by the federal and state governments.
- Listen to our constituents.
- Communicate our plans to the Transylvania community and beyond.
Our Healthy at Transy plan will be regularly updated as new information becomes available for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Please use this website as your source for the latest updates from Transylvania, and know that we look forward to this new school year and to bringing our campus community back together again.
Masks on Campus
Unless wearing a mask creates a serious health hazard, all students, employees, contractors and visitors to campus are required to wear a mask on campus.
Cover your nose and mouth indoors or outdoors any time that you expect to be within six feet or in direct contact with another person.
Masks are a protection for others and yourself. Others may have significant health issues that you are not aware of.
Masks are required:
- When in an indoor space with more than one person
- In a vehicle with two or more people
- When you cant maintain six feet of distance outdoors
- In a golf cart with two or more people
Masks are not required:
- When in an enclosed indoor space alone (such as an office) or in your own residence hall room
- When outside and more than six feet apart
- Walking outside on campus alone
Updated: Monday, March 1, 8 a.m. ET
- Stay Healthy at Transy: Getting vaccinated
We have been extremely encouraged by the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Kentucky, in Lexington and especially on Transylvania’s campus.
- Transylvania announces plans for in-person commencement and 2021-22 academic year
With the success of our Healthy at Transy protocols and the efficiency of Kentucky’s vaccine rollout, most of our employees and many of our students have been vaccinated. As a result, we can more confidently plan what our campus experience will look like.
- Keeping Healthy at Transy takes on new emphasis in March with student testing, vaccine rollout
“Transy students are not only taking the steps necessary to keep themselves healthy, but their actions are having a direct impact on our larger campus community.”
- Healthy at Transy: Returning to campus after module break
To comply with Health at Transy guidelines, all students who reside or attend classes on campus are required to participate in university‑provided coronavirus testing prior to beginning classes for Module 5.
- Transylvania COVID Quick Response Team coordinates behind-the-scenes effort to keep campus community healthy
The Transylvania COVID Quick Response Team is providing a coordinated approach to help keep the campus community healthy.