The Transylvania Fund/Campus Center Challenge Terms
Transylvania has placed significant focus on capital projects over the past six years. The largest facility upgrade is underway in the form of the Campus Center renovation and rebuild. This new arena containing dining, meeting spaces, health and wellness offices and sites for peer/faculty interaction will change the student experience. Our goal is to conclude fundraising for this project before opening day in fall, 2020.
As the number of college-age prospective students drops, Transylvania’s need for scholarship dollars to attract and retain future Pioneers now becomes paramount. With nearly 100 percent of our student body receiving financial aid in some form, our success in this area will chart the course for Transylvania’s future.
Jan Anestis ’67 and Todd Clark ’90 have donated a challenge gift to support both of these most pressing priorities—campus center construction and student scholarships offered through The Transylvania Fund (formerly known as The Annual Fund). This challenge provides a 1:1 match for contributions to these two areas, up to a total amount of $100,000. In exchange, the University will recognize alumni donating at designated levels on a wall in the Campus Center main hallway, known as Legacy Way.
Challenge matches will count toward the naming level for each individual gift. Thus, a gift of $1000 will place your name on the wall at the $2000 level.
Levels are as follows:
- $2,000 -$4,999
- $50,000 and up
For young alumni and current students in classes 2014 and younger:
- $500 as well as other levels above
- Gifts will be matched in order of receipt, until the $100,000 challenge total is reached.
- Gifts must be paid prior to donor recognition being placed in the facility; the deadline for receipt is June 30, 2020.
- Gifts will be allocated evenly between The Transylvania Fund for scholarships and the campus center, unless donors specify to direct the full amount to one fund.
- For gifts totaling $2,000 through $9,999, names will be added to a plaque listing all donors at the respective level. Gifts at $10,000 and up will receive a stand-alone plaque holding additional space for a message.