The Premier Scholarship Program is an invitation-only scholarship event offered to students who are selected as Premier Scholars. Those who participate will be considered for our highest merit awards—which begin at $27,000 per year.
Deadlines to Apply
To be eligible for the Premier Scholarship Program, you must complete your application by one of the two Early Action deadlines (October 31, or December 1). A completed application includes all materials and your essay. The typical Premier Scholarship Program invitee has an approximate 4.0 GPA and 30 ACT.
Early Action I Deadline—Oct. 31, 2021
Early Action II Deadline—by Dec. 1, 2021
All application materials are due by December 1. This includes:
- Your essay
- Minimum of one recommendation from a school administrator
- High school transcript
Premier Scholarship Program participants will be notified of their selection for the program by mail. An email with the available program dates and RSVP instructions will follow. Programs will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Friday, January 14, 2022 – This program will be held in-person on Transy’s campus.
- Friday, January 21, 2022 – This program will be held in-person on Transy’s campus.
- Friday, February 4, 2022 – This program will be held virtually via Zoom.
Assistant Director of Admissions
Be the most authentic version of yourself. Don’t try and anticipate what the faculty will want to see from you. Transy is all about discovering how to maximize your potential in a way that is meaningful. I think the best advice I could give is to just be yourself, with no second-guessing or hesitation.
Daniel McCarthy ’19
How to Prepare
What to Expect
The itinerary for the Premier Scholarship Program will include:
- A welcome from the president
- An interactive panel discussion with faculty and current student
- Premier Scholarship group discussions
- A class demonstration with a Transy faculty member
- An untimed writing reflection activity
- Information sessions for parents and family members
Because this is a scholarship selection process, we recommend dressing in business/interview attire. This may include, for example, dress pants, skirts, dresses, jackets, button-up shirts, or ties.
After the Program
The Office of Admissions will deliberate on scholarship offers. You will be notified of your scholarship in your mailed financial aid packet.
A select number of outstanding participants will be invited to an additional virtual interview for the William T. Young Scholarship, Transylvania’s most prestigious full-tuition scholarship award.