This is the college experience you’ve been dreaming about.
Submit Your Deposit Today
Make your acceptance into the Transylvania Pioneer family official. Just submit your non-refundable $500 deposit online here.
Connect with Classmates
As we practice social distancing, our on-campus Crimson Compass events have been canceled. The Office of Amissions is providing a series of virtual meetings for incoming students.
I instantly loved the community at Transy. Everyone meshes together so naturally, while still bringing a variety of ideas and perspectives to the table.
Sadie Middleton ’19
Are you an international student? Click here for your checklist.
- Submit your deposit. Submit your $500 deposit online to secure your spot in the Class of 2024. It’s official!
- Review your award letter. Starting in January 2020, you will receive a financial aid award letter, provided we have your FAFSA. Take a good look at the financial aid award letter you received in the mail, where you’ll find all the scholarships, grants and loans you’re qualified for. We’ve created a helpful guide to the award letter in case you have any questions.
- Accept your award. Log in to TNet to review your awards and accept or decline any or all of them. TNet is your portal for personal information about paying your bill, course registrations, transcripts, grades, etc. It can be accessed from any Internet connection, including off campus. It’ll be your lifeline for the next four years. Your TNet login information comes with your financial award letter. If you have questions or special circumstances, contact your admissions counselor.
- The not‑so‑fun stuff: forms. Check back soon for important forms to fill out over the summer to complete your full enrollment at Transy. Forms will only become available after you have deposited. Submission of all forms is required for first‑year students unless otherwise indicated. Mark your calendar, set your alarm, tie a string around your finger—just make sure you complete these forms on time.
- Get your Transy email.
Beginning in June, you’ll receive your email address and login information. It will typically consist of the first letter of your first name, first letter of your middle name, full last name and class year.
Here’s an example: Denise W. Hall, Class of 2024, would be email@example.com.
Check your email daily! All important reminders, forms and communication will go to your Transy email starting in June.
If you need more time to make a decision, you can make your non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit by June 1, 2020 and receive the following:
- A guaranteed mentor as a part of the 100 Door to Success mentorship program
- Your choice of two Transylvania gifts: T-shirt, license plate frame, coffee mug, water bottle or a key chain. We will follow-up with you via email after we have received your deposit.
More Information for Admitted Students
Transylvania is the single best decision I ever made in my life.
Daniel Cooper ’19
I Have Questions About…
We know you probably have a million questions about what to do now that you’re admitted to Transy. We’ve tried to answer many of those here:
When do I need to make my final college decision?
You can make your college decision and ultimately send in your enrollment deposit of $500 anytime, but the earlier the better. Refer back to your admit letter for reasons to commit sooner rather than later!
How do I submit the $500 deposit?
The $500 deposit reserves your space in our incoming class. To submit, you can send a check with the enclosed deposit card and reply envelope, or pay online by electronic check, Master Card, Discover or American Express.
Select ‹Kentucky›, ‹Transylvania University› and ‹Enrollment Deposit.› No login or password is required.
You will need your name, your Account Holder ID# provided in the admissions letter and the last four digits of your SSN.
When will I know my out‑of‑pocket cost to attend Transylvania University?
Typically, it takes about three weeks to process the FAFSA. We’ll begin sending out financial aid award letters as early as January.
Are there other forms I need to fill out?
There are a handful of documents you will complete over the summer to help us prepare for your arrival in August, but none of those must be completed before May 1. Once you submit your deposit, we’ll direct you to more information on our website.
How/when can I visit the campus?
You’re invited to Crimson Compass, an overnight event for admitted students, where you’ll have an opportunity to spend the night in our residence halls and engage with faculty, staff and students. If you can’t make it to one of those, schedule a separate overnight visit.
If you haven’t filed the FAFSA…
Do I need to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
You’re not required to file the FAFSA, but we highly recommend it! The FAFSA is how you’re considered for need‑based financial aid from Transylvania or from any government sources such as federal and state grants, work‑study and/or student loans. Learn more about the FAFSA.
When do you recommend I file the FAFSA?
The FAFSA is open now, so as soon as possible! Some types of aid are limited and are awarded on a first‑come, first‑served basis. Here’s what you’ll need:
- An FSA ID
- Identification documents (driver’s license, social security card, permanent residence card, etc.) for you and your parents
- Financial documents (W‑2s, tax documents)
- Transylvania’s School ID: 001987
Topics to Explore
What to Bring
We’ve made the ultimate packing list, just for you!
- Twin extra-long bedding
a regular twin comforter or quilt is long enough, but XL sheets are a must
- Pillows and mattress pad
- Desk lamp
- Laundry basket/bag/hamper/supplies
- Extension cords and surge protectors
- Medium-size garbage bags
- Cleaning supplies: towels, cleaning wipes, vacuum/broom, etc.
- Storage baskets/boxes, under-bed containers
- Area rug (max. 10’ x 10’)
- Mini fridge (max. 3.2 cubic ft.)
- Microwave (max. 700 watts)
- Computer or laptop
- Class essentials: backpack, notebooks, pens/pencils, folders, highlighters, index cards, etc.
- Weekly planner (trust us on this one)
- Loose-leaf paper
- Flash drive
- Reusable water bottle and travel mug
- Personal hygiene products:
toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, etc.
- Medications and first aid kit
- Shower caddy, shoes, towels and shower/hair supplies
- Hand sanitizer
- Umbrella, raincoat and rain boots
- Dishes and utensils
- Dish soap and sponge
- Coffee maker
- Chip clips
- Can opener
- Cable for TV
- Command strips
- Movies and board games
- Bicycle and sports equipment
What not to bring
- Toaster, convection and toaster ovens, candles, indoor grills, hot plates and space heaters.
- A printer. Almost every building has one!
- Animals, except fish.
- Extra furniture, yet.
Many Transy students bunk their beds to make room for futons or a chair, but we recommend getting settled on move-in day first. Supplied furniture (desks, desk chairs, etc.) cannot be removed from the room.