This is the college experience you’ve been dreaming about.
Submit Your Deposit Today
Make your acceptance into the Transylvania Pioneer family official. Just submit your non-refundable $350 deposit online here.
Connect with Transy
Show off your Pioneer Pride!
Use #Transy2027 to connect with your classmates and follow us on social
Grab Your Gear
It’s never too early to start stocking up on Transy tees, hoodies, hats and more. Visit the bookstore online.
I instantly loved the community at Transy. Everyone meshes together so naturally, while still bringing a variety of ideas and perspectives to the table.
Are you an international student? Read our next steps for international students.
- Secure your spot. Submit your $350 deposit online to secure your spot in the Class of 2027. It’s official!
- File your FAFSA. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid — known as the FAFSA — opens Oct. 1, so if you haven’t yet, file it as soon as possible. You’re not required to file the FAFSA, but we highly recommend it!
Our financial aid team put together these tips to help you.
- Connect with the class of 2027. Connect with your #Transy2027 classmates on social media!
- Visit Campus. Is Transy right for you? Find out by experiencing it for yourself. Visiting Transylvania is the best way to see how amazing our campus really is. We have a variety of in-person and virtual visit options to choose from.
- Bookmark this page. Everything you’ll need to know over the next few months is available at transy.edu/2027. That’s where you can make your deposit, connect with classmates, find orientation information and more!
This page will also have links to important forms for you to fill out over the summer and their deadlines. You’ll get access to fill out some of those forms once you’ve submitted your deposit.
Deposit Early for Special Perks!
Submit your $350 enrollment deposit and earn special perks!. Once we receive your deposit, you will receive next steps to enrollment along with other information that will get you ready for orientation and fall classes. You’ll also receive:
- Priority class registration
- Priority housing selection
- Early academic advisor assignment
- Guaranteed 100 Doors mentor – Pairs you with an alumni mentor as soon as you desire!
- Two Transy housewarming gifts from the Office of Admissions to welcome you to campus!
Your Residence Hall
Transy has built all-new residence halls in recent years with community living in mind. You’ll find suite-style living with one bathroom for every four students, and there are plenty of spaces to spend time making lifelong friends.
You’ll love living in our first-year residence halls, with big rooms and plenty of community spaces to hang out with friends. Amenities include:
- Tempur-Pedic mattresses
- Private suite bathrooms
- Laundry facilities
- Computer labs/printers
- And much more
See all the first-year residence halls and detailed floor plans.
Our food service provider, Bon Appétit, makes fresh, delicious, locally sourced food every day in our campus eateries. We’ll even cater to your dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies. Visit the Café Bon Appétit website to learn more.
First year students are required to select a meal plan. Options include:
- 10 meals per week
- 14 meals per week
- 19 meals per week
- 160 meals per term
New Student Orientation
We’ve designed the First Engagements Experience to help ease your academic and social transition to college. Faculty, staff and student leaders are ready to help you learn all there is to know about being a Transylvania Pioneer.
New Student Move‑In Day
First Engagements Experience
First Engagements course (required)
Fall term classes begin
Grab Your Gear!
Transylvania is the single best decision I ever made in my life.
I Have Questions About…
We know you probably have a million questions about what to do now that you’re admitted to Transy. We’ve tried to answer many of those here:
When do I need to make my final college decision?
You can make your college decision and ultimately send in your enrollment deposit at anytime, but the earlier the better. The sooner you deposit, the better chance you’ll have at early class registration and early selection of residence halls. Don’t wait too long, as choices do become limited.
How do I submit the $350 deposit?
The $350 deposit reserves your space in our incoming class. To submit, you can send a check with the enclosed deposit card and reply envelope, or pay online by electronic check, Master Card, Discover or American Express.
Select ‹Kentucky›, ‹Transylvania University› and ‹Enrollment Deposit.› No login or password is required.
You will need your name, your Account Holder ID# provided in the admissions letter and the last four digits of your SSN.
When will I know my out‑of‑pocket cost to attend Transylvania University?
Our financial aid office will begin sending financial aid packages during the second term of your senior year. From that document, you will see the financial aid you’ve qualified for, additional financial resources and your out-of-pocket costs.
Are there other forms I need to fill out?
There are a handful of documents you will complete over the summer to help us prepare for your arrival in August. Once you submit your deposit, we’ll direct you to more information on our website.
How/when can I visit the campus?
We offer both in-person and virtual options for campus visits. You can always check our Visit Options for different opportunities for admitted students to visit campus.
If you haven’t filed the FAFSA…
Do I need to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
You’re not required to file the FAFSA, but we highly recommend it! The FAFSA is how you’re considered for need‑based financial aid from Transylvania or from any government sources such as federal and state grants, work‑study and/or student loans. Learn more about the FAFSA.
When do you recommend I file the FAFSA?
As soon as possible! The FAFSA application opens October 1. Some types of aid are limited and are awarded on a first‑come, first‑served basis. Here’s what you’ll need:
- An FSA ID
- Identification documents (driver’s license, social security card, permanent residence card, etc.) for you and your parents
- Financial documents (W‑2s, tax documents)
- Transylvania’s School ID: 001987
- Find your program at Transylvania
- Faculty and research at Transylvania
- Quality and affordability at Transylvania
- Build your future at Transylvania
- Global and intercultural education at Transylvania
- Transylvania is in the perfect college city
- Make yourself at home at Transylvania
- Get involved at Transylvania
- Athletics at Transylvania
- Visit Transylvania
- Why Transylvania?
- Quick facts about Transylvania University