Each year, Transylvania University accounting students prepare and e-file income tax forms at no cost for local community members who make $58,000 a year or less. The students are available every Wednesday in February from 3-5:30 p.m. in the Cowgill Center.
Appointments are encouraged and can be made online.
- A photo ID for yourself and your spouse if filing jointly.
- Social security cards for yourself and all others on your return.
- Routing and account number for accounts to be used for direct deposit of your refund if you choose to do so.
- All Forms W-2 from your employers.
- All Forms 1098 or 1099.
- Your last tax return and any other tax-related forms for the 2022 filing season.
- Any other related tax returns.
- A completed intake form (we recommend you fill this out before you arrive).
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, Schedule C preparation is not part of this free program.