The J. Douglas Gay Jr./Frances Carrick Thomas Library is the scholarly heart of Transylvania’s campus. Our library houses all the help and resources you need to be successful in your classes.
And we offer so much more! In Transylvania’s library you will find:
- Reference librarians who help answer research questions and give guidance on scholarly resources
- Special collections, including the Farris Rare Book Room, an extensive collection of nineteenth-century medical texts, and the Transylvania University archives
Transylvania also participates in the Kentucky Virtual Library, which provides access to electronic databases and catalogs of many libraries throughout the state.
Do you have questions about the library or the resources available? Please contact us by phone: 859-233-8225, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIBRARY QUICK FACTS
- 118,000 physical titles
- 111,000 titles available online
- 4,000 volume reference collection
- 500 paper journal subscriptions
- 15,000+ journal titles available online
- 60+ online databases