Uphold our commitment to social responsibility in a diverse world by cultivating and sustaining a culture of inclusion, equity and justice through education, dialogue and practice.
3.1 Create and maintain robust metrics and accountability systems for diversity, equity and inclusion and methods to support them.
- 3.1.A Develop processes to periodically review and revise internal structures, policies and practices to advance those that support equity and revise those that do not.
- 3.1.B Strengthen and expand the Diversity, Inclusion and Equity office.
3.2 Create opportunities to develop deep levels of understanding of culture across and between all members of the community.
- 3.2.A Develop and increase opportunities for professional development, initiatives and recognition concerning belonging, antiracism, cultural competency and social justice.
- 3.2.B Coordinate initiatives and community service across academic programs to deepen relationships and trust between Transy and the Lexington community.
- 3.2.C Build and enhance strategic relationships with alumni, key institutions, local groups, communities and organizations.
3.3 Enhance and promote a welcoming environment for underrepresented populations through recruitment, retention and support opportunities.
- 3.3.A Prepare our underrepresented students for graduate school and doctoral degree attainment by developing a program based on the TRiO Ronald McNair Scholars model.
- 3.3.B Increase diversity pools of candidates for faculty/staff open positions through deliberate recruitment.
- 3.3.C Identify early career internal underrepresented minority candidates to mentor and support into teaching and leadership positions.
- 3.3.D Increase access for underserved student populations.