Pursuing a BOLD PATH
for Transylvania University: 2021‑2024
Over the next three years, Transylvania University will:
- Bolster our strength.
- Optimize our size by growing enrollment.
- Leverage our capacities.
- Diversify our campus community.
Transylvania University will accomplish excellence through the following Guiding Objectives:
- Personalized Enhance our capacity to deliver our enduring Mission and Core Values in ways uniquely suited to individually preparing students of today as leaders of the future.
- Accessible Increase demand for and access to a Transylvania education in order to grow total enrollment to 1,150 by 2024.
- Transformational Uphold our commitment to social responsibility in a diverse world by cultivating and sustaining a culture of inclusion, equity and justice through education, dialogue and practice.
- Hopeful Enthusiastically engage alumni and friends to invest in Transy’s future through a campaign and other fundraising initiatives to bolster the strength of the university.
Select a link above to explore Transylvania’s Strategic Focus Guiding Objectives.
We are keenly aware that we have to prepare our students for ‘The Conceptual Age,’ developing their critical thinking, communication and creative skills that can’t be outsourced, automated or replaced by artificial intelligence. Our commitment to excellence in liberal arts education is unwavering, as we know that it prepares students to continually adapt in a complex world.
Transylvania Mission Statement
Through an engagement with the liberal arts, Transylvania University prepares its students for a humane and fulfilling personal and public life by cultivating independent thinking, open-mindedness, creative expression and commitment to lifelong learning and social responsibility in a diverse world.
Our Core Values
As Pioneers, our centuries-long commitment to achieving excellence in liberal arts education is guided by these values: integrity, innovation, diversity, community and perseverance.
Pursuing Bold Paths
Get the latest news from Transylvania and our Strategic Focus progress on the 1780 blog.