The 2020-21 Annual Plan identifies four key guiding objectives for the university, its leadership and the campus community for the academic and fiscal year beginning July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021. The 2020-21 Annual Plan Progress Report was completed in July 2021. Details on the progress report are included on each of the guiding objective pages.
MISSION: Through an engagement with the liberal arts, Transylvania University prepares its students for a humane and fulfilling personal and public life by cultivating independent thinking, open-mindedness, creative expression and commitment to lifelong learning and social responsibility in a diverse world.
CORE VALUES: As Pioneers, our centuries-long commitment to achieving excellence in liberal arts education is guided by these values:
- Integrity. Innovation. Diversity. Community. Perseverance.
MOTTO: In Lumine illo Tradimus Lumen (“In That Light, We Pass on the Light.”)
GUIDING OBJECTIVES FOR 2020-21
- Delivering the fullest Transylvania experience possible while protecting the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Enabling continued innovation and financial strength through growing enrollment and enhancing Advancement.
- Upholding our commitments to diversity, access and individual development.
- Enhancing our capacities to deliver our enduring Mission and Core Values in ways uniquely suited to preparing students of today as leaders of the future.