This stately house—a cottage in name only—was built in 1863 for J. H. Hocker, founder of Hocker Female Academy, which later was known as Hamilton College, then became part of Transylvania University. It is named for Robert Graham, who moved there in 1869 and was president of Hamilton College. After Graham’s tenure, the house was used at various times as a dormitory, apartments, and the home of four Transylvania presidents.
Graham Cottage was renovated in 1987 and now serves as Transylvania’s alumni house. It provides space for campus and alumni receptions as well as general meetings and conferences.
Transylvania does not base employment or academic decisions on a person’s age, race, color, gender, disability or any other criteria prohibited by law. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment and education for all.