Housing & Residence Life Information

Is there an ATM on campus?

There is one ATM located in the game room of the Campus Center.

What are the housing requirements of students at Transylvania University?

Full-time students must live on campus unless they have achieved senior status (27 course units) before the beginning of fall term, is are 21 years old by the date of fall term enrollment, are married, live with parent(s) or legal guardian(s), or are carrying an academic load less than three course units. Requests for exemption from the housing requirement should be directed to Housing and Residence Life at ResLife@transy.edu or 859-233-8181.

Are Resident Advisors available to help students if needed?

Resident advisors are upperclass students who live in the residence halls and are responsible for a floor of about 40 students. RAs serve as mentors and role models, promoting the principles of citizenship, leadership and self-governance. The RAs also receive support from area coordinators who are upperclass students with previous experience as an RA who reside on campus.

Our student has selected a board plan that works quite well; however, we would like to provide additional money. Is this possible?

Additional money may be credited to the student’s Crimson Card. This money can be used to buy food from Transy’s dining services, to pay for copies, and to pay for use of laundry machines or vending machines. If you need assistance, please call 859-233-8154.

Can you tell me more about Transylvania University’s dining services?

Transylvania’s dining service, Bon Appétit, provides meals in the Great Hall of the Campus Center for resident and commuter students, faculty, staff and visitors. Students living in all residence halls, with the exception of upperclass students living in our on-campus houses, are required to purchase a meal plan. Students may deposit money to their Crimson Card account which may be used in the Rafskeller and Gratz Perk Café. Students with special dietary needs should contact the director of dining services to make arrangements for meals to suit their specific needs. For more information, contact Residence Life at ResLife@transy.edu or 859-233-8181.

What is Transylvania University’s alcohol policy?

Use of alcoholic beverages by students under 21 and use of illicit drugs are prohibited on campus and at campus-sponsored events. The university considers alcohol consumption by students 21 and older a personal decision and urges students who choose to drink to do so in a mature, responsible manner. The university provides specific guidelines regarding the alcohol policy at the beginning of each fall term. For more information review our full alcohol policy document.

Are there activities available to fill out-of-classroom time?

More than 50 student organizations cover a broad range of interests and activities. They include student government, campus media, honoraries, special interest groups, departmental societies, service groups, national fraternities, national sororities and religious organizations. For more information, contact the Office of Campus and Community Engagement at engagement@transy.edu.

Opportunities to become involved in the Lexington community are plentiful. Within walking distance of campus are the Lexington Opera House, Kentucky Theatre (movies), art galleries, historical sites, a large public library, banks, churches, retail establishments, restaurants, hotels and parks. Call VisitLex at (859) 233-7299 or (800) 845-3959 or visit the VisitLex website for more information.

Why should I encourage my student to get involved in cocurricular activities?

Student involvement leads to higher GPA, stronger campus connection and increased likelihood of students staying in school and graduating in four years. A student’s sense of belonging is engrained in their involvement in and out of the classroom.

Is there any way that I can remain current with what is happening at Transy?

For up-to-date news and information, visit www.transy.edu, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.