Opening Wed., Jan. 15, 2014!
featuring the work of David Edgar, Suzanne Proulx, Michelle Stitzlein, and David Wilson
Jan. 15 – Feb. 21, 2014
American artists intercept the waste stream of flotsam and jetsam of American culture and transform them into works rich with meaning. The gallery will host a "making station" for gallery visitors to make and display their own creations from recycled materials.
Find out more about David Edgar, Suzanne Proulx, Michelle Stitzlein, and David Wilson.
- Art Talk with Suzanne Proulx: Wed., Jan. 15, 12:30 p.m.
- Opening reception: Wed., Jan. 15, 4-6 p.m.
- Lexington Gallery Hop: Fri., Feb. 21, 5-8 p.m.
Selected Evening & Weekend Hours
- Mon., Jan. 20, noon-5 p.m. (Open on Martin L. King, Jr. Day)
- Tues., Feb 4, 5-7 p.m.
- Thur., Feb. 13, 5-7 p.m.
- Sat., Feb. 15, 7-8:15 p.m. (Note: The gallery is open an hour before the Ben Sollee concert, occurring just across the hallway in the Haggin Auditorium. The gallery will be open after the concert as well.
Image Descriptions (left to right)
Michelle Stitzlein, Pincushion (detail), 2013, plastic tubing
David Wilson, Ocotillo (detail), 2011, air hose
David Edgar, Green Fiesta Jellyfish Lamp, 2010, detergent bottles
Suzanne Proulx, Bison I (detail), 2011, shed bison fur, fake hair, leather over support, video projection, 2010, video