We offer a wealth of career services and resources that help students develop professionally and complement the excellent academic preparation they receive in the classroom.
Academic Internship Tuition Policies
It is an unfortunate reality that many internships, even with for-profit companies are unpaid. Some organizations require you to receive academic credit in order to take part in their internship program. Not being paid and then having to pay tuition is a double-whammy that Career Development and Transy won't burden you with!
The following policies will allow you to avoid paying tuition charges for certain academic internship experiences:
- Transylvania University students may undertake their first summer internship for academic credit without incurring tuition charges.
- Academic credit will not be awarded retroactively for a summer internship unless the student successfully appeals to the Dean of College and/or the Committee on Admissions and Academic Standards (CAAS)
-Subsequent summer internships will incur the normal summer-term tuition charges if academic credit is sought.
- Transylvania University students may undertake one academic internship for fall-term or winter-term credit as an overload without incurring an overload tuition charge.
-Students must meet the rules for registering for an overload course as described in the Registration Instructions from the Registrar's.
- Academic credit will not be awarded retroactively for an internship unless the student successfully appeals to the Dean of College and/or the Committee on Admissions and Academic Standards (CAAS)
- An academic internship taken as part of a normal 4-unit course load during the fall or winter-terms or as a normal 1-unit course load during May-term will be charged tuition at the same rate as normal courses.