The Pioneer Leadership Program is an experiential, co-curricular leadership certificate program aimed at educating, training and preparing students to be values-congruent leaders who are committed to creating positive social change on campus, within the community and as future leaders after graduation.
- Leadership skills can be learned.
- Leadership is a process rather than a position.
- All students can enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Commitment to creating positive community impact.
- Leadership competencies are connected to all academic disciplines.
- Students will develop leadership skills and capacity through comprehensive leadership theories, trainings, experiential learning and mentoring.
- Students will connect with peers and community leaders to create meaningful networks.
- Students will create a professional portfolio allowing them to translate leadership skills for future marketability.