Apply for Accommodations
Students who are interested in receiving accommodations at the post-secondary level must register with the Disability Services Office. The information below outlines the steps students must take to register. When the completed application and documentation are received by DSO you will receive a confirmation email.
- Submit the Application for Disability Services and supporting documentation of a disability.
- Documentation Requirements
- be typed or printed on official letterhead and be signed by an evaluator qualified to make the diagnoses (licensed physician, psychologist, psychiatrists, or therapist)
- clearly state diagnosis disability with DSM Code
- be current – i.e. completed within the last year for psychiatric disabilities and physical disabilities or chronic health conditions; or within the last five years for learning disabilities, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, and intellectual disabilities. Documentation of traumatic brain injury must have been completed within the past 1 to 3 years, depending on the date of the injury.
- Include complete educational, developmental and medical history relevant to the disability for which accommodations are begin requested
- Include a list of all test instruments used in the evaluation report and relevant subtest scores used to document stated disability
- describe the specific accommodation(s) requested
- adequately support each requested accommodation
IEP’s, ILP’s, 504’s, etc. are supplemental materials and will not be substituted for full evaluations. TU documentation requirements comply with the guidelines set forth by ETS.