A-Z Index  |  Site Map  


A-Z Index  |  Site Map   icons Printer-friendly version Email this page

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Need-based aid

To apply for all forms of need-based aid, you need only fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is required for students seeking any federal or state aid (including loans, grants, and work-study). You may fill out the form online at the FAFSA website. Paper copies of the form may be acquired either from your high school guidance counselor or from our financial aid office;


The priority deadline for state aid is January 15

The earliest date for submission is January 1

Transylvania's school code is 001987

Submit the FAFSA form electronically.

Transfer students

Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to qualify for financial aid. Transfer students must follow the same procedures as other students when applying for scholarships and/or financial aid.

Contact Us | Maps & Directions | Feedback | © 2003-2014 Transylvania University. All rights reserved.

Transylvania University admits students regardless of age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other classification protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.