What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme?
The IB Diploma Programme is an international education program that prepares students for participation in a global society by offering a rigorous, balanced curriculum that draws from a wide range of disciplines. It incorporates educational practices from around the world and encourages curiosity, open-mindedness and intercultural understanding.
The Transylvania IB Scholars Program
We know the kind of research you're doing in your IB studies. You're making connections across disciplines and gaining a greater perspective on complex global issues.
These are skills that Transylvania is known for fostering in our students, so you're going to come into your first year uniquely prepared to excel in our liberal arts curriculum. Whether you are interested in business or exercise science, biology or philosophy—the experience you've gained in IB will give you a leg up.
The conversations you started in IB can be continued at Transylvania. We speak the same language and hold the same values. Let us help you apply your IB training to one of our 40 majors and reward you for your hard work.
What you’ll get:
- Scholarships ranging from $8,000/year (Diploma Courses) to $18,500/year (Full Diploma candidates)
- College credit for HL exam scores of 5, 6 or 7
- Early entry into the 100 Doors to Success Mentor Program
- Internship opportunities for academic credit
- Study abroad experience geared especially for IB scholars
- Special admission application that allows you to submit a piece of IB work instead of an essay