Note: This is the schedule of events for commencement as of March 16. As we continue to monitor COVID-19, we will update this schedule as needed. Follow our campus health updates for the latest information.
FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2020
- 4:15-5 p.m.
- Carrick Theater
- No tickets required
Senior Family Reception
- 5-6:30 p.m.
- Alumni Plaza (rain location TBD)
Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a chance to mingle with faculty, staff and other students as we celebrate our graduates. Graduates and two family members attend free. Additional family reception tickets may be purchased online.
SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2020
Commencement Day Breakfast
- 7-8 a.m.
- The Rafskeller
- Tickets $7 each.
- Purchase commencement breakfast tickets online
- 8 a.m.
- Steps of Beck (Haggin rain location)
- 9-10:30 a.m.
- Old Morrison Lawn
Alumni Welcome Reception immediately following the ceremony
No tickets required
If it rains, the ceremony will be in the Beck Center. Rain tickets will be handed out to graduating students during Senior Week in the event of inclement weather. Each student will receive eight rain tickets for general admission.
Limited seating will be available in Carrick Theater to watch the live stream.
Each student will receive 8 rain tickets for entry to the commencement ceremony in case of rain. There will be no open seating available. Rain tickets will be picked up during senior send off along with caps and gowns.
Banners for each academic division are posted in Alumni Plaza as a way to find your family and friends during the Alumni Welcome Reception following Commencement. The banners will be located on lamp posts at each corner of Alumni Plaza. Faculty members for each division can also use the banners as a way to greet students from their divisions.
Parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in the University parking lots located on Fourth Street and Upper Street. Old Morrison Circle will be closed to parking.
Accessible parking and seating will be available and can be arranged ahead of time. Please submit your request to Disability Services no later than Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Public safety officers will have a motorized cart in the parking lot off Fourth Street behind the Mitchell Fine Arts Center for guests who need assistance getting to the ceremony site. If you have any questions, please contact Disability Services at 859-233-8502.
CAPS AND GOWNS
Students can buy caps and gowns at the bookstore for $48.76 including tax. Graduates can prepay for the Cap and Gown package at the 101 Days to Graduation Event on February 13. Caps and gowns can be picked up during Senior Week.
A frame for your diploma can be purchased at the Transylvania Bookstore.
We are pleased to have an arrangement with Dan Silvestri of Impact Photography for our commencement photography. Orders may be placed at any time by contacting Impact Photography at 859-252-0725. More information is available on the Impact Photography website.
- Pkg. 1: One 8x10” group graduation photo and one 5x7” individual graduate photo, $65
- Pkg. 2: One 8x10” group graduation photo and three 5x7” individual graduate photos, $75
- Pkg. 3: One 8x10” individual graduation photo and three 5x7”individual graduate photos, $85
- One 8x10” group graduation photo, $50
- One 5x7” individual graduate photo only, $45
- Additional 5x7” individual graduate photo with any purchase above, $20
- Additional 8x10” individual graduate photo with any purchase above, $25
Click the thumbnail images below to view sample photos:
RESTROOMS AND FIRST AID
Restrooms will be available on the ground level of the Glenn Building, the Cowgill Center and the Brown Science Center.
A first aid station will be set up in front of the Cowgill Center.
- Available at Gratz Perk Cafe (located in the Glenn Building, adjacent to Old Morrison Lawn)
- Open from 7:30 am - 11:30 am.
- Fresh brewed coffee, pastries, and more will be available for purchase.