2012 Pumpkin Mania at Transylvania
Pumpkin Mania at Transylvania is back for a second year and once again the university is inviting the Lexington community to participate. Last year, 250 jack-o-lanterns, carved by faculty, staff, students, and members of the community, lit up the steps of Old Morrison. This year, Transylvania hopes to have even more pumpkins. The pumpkins will be lit on Friday, October 26, at 7 p.m. and remain on display through Halloween night. The university hopes the annual display will be a great way to connect with our neighbors and the Lexington community as a whole.
- Trick-or-treat stations will be set up for children from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27. There will be Halloween goodies and even face painting and hot chocolate.
- Pumpkins must be 10-12 inches wide (about the size of a basketball)
- Pumpkins must be carved to allow for a lighted face or design to show through the front. Inappropriate designs will not be included. Please limit your design to one side only.
- Pumpkins must be delivered to the front of Old Morrison between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Thursday, October 25, and between 8 a.m. and noon on Friday, October 26.
- Pumpkins cannot be returned, but the university plans to compost all the pumpkins at the conclusion of the display.
- Check out this video of Pumpkin Mania 2011!