Hall Field, completed in 1996, provides playing and practice space for the women's softball, soccer, and field hockey teams and for intramural sports.
The $2.5 million facility features a state-of-the-art field that mixes the old with the new, offering a traditional feel to a new stadium complex.
Hall Field is the only lighted outdoor athletics facility on the Transylvania campus. A Bermuda grass surface, installed in 2000, provides one of the best playing surfaces for women's sports in the region.
A brick wall interspersed with sections of wrought iron screens the field from busy streets. The brick matches that of the historic Row House, which dates to 1815 and was refurbished to house locker rooms, coaches' offices, and storage areas. Brick dugouts are provided for softball, and a press box/concession stand is located at the north end of the field.
Transylvania has received several awards for historic preservation and beautification for Hall Field. The field is named in honor of John R. Hall, a Transylvania trustee and former chairman and CEO of Ashland Oil Inc., who was a lead donor for the facility.
Transylvania does not base employment or academic decisions on a person’s age, race, color, gender, disability or any other criteria prohibited by law. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment and education for all.